Course descriptionThis course provides a description of the engine and its systems. The engine’s line replaceable units (LRUs) are identified, located on the engine and their operation will be discussed. Topics include engine and engine systems servicing, routine maintenance and inspection, safety warnings and precautions. This course also provides an introduction to basic engine troubleshooting.
In the laboratory, the student will perform basic line maintenance tasks to include removal and replacement of selected LRUs..
Course objectives Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to…
• Recall the safety precautions observed working on or near the engine and Identify locations of principle components,
• Describe the normal function of each major system,
• Recall procedures for carrying out significant tasks associated with routine servicing of the engine and its systems,
• Recall and perform procedures for replacement of principle components using approved technical data,
• Identify borescope inspection ports and recall procedures to determine the internal condition and serviceability of the cold and hot section portions of the engine.
Target populationPersonnel performing, supervising or supporting line maintenance activities.
DurationFive (5) days
Training methodsInstructor led training in the classroom and laboratory.
$2,725 in Indianapolis
$3,620 in Singapore
$3,100 in Derby, UK
Applicable aircraft Gulfstream GV, G500, G550
Location Indianapolis, IN
Daily schedule 0800-1600 (EST)
Contact InformationRolls-Royce Corporation
Registrar – Customer Training
7715 North Perimeter Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 USA
+1 (317) 230-RCTC (7282)
+ (877) 253-RCTC (7282)